Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Open Eyes, Open Heart



I get in these moods where I just feel like writing, welcome to my mood today. This really has no general theme to it…random thoughts is what probably sums it up the best.

I recently went to a Newsboys/Building 429/Luminate concert…AH-MAZ-ING!! They had this portion of the concert where you could be given a child from another country to support. The singer told the audience to raise your hand and a packet with a child will be given to you. This has always had a BIG pull on my heart. So of course, it took all of 5 seconds for my hand to go up.  As soon as I got my packet, this overwhelming feeling of love, and sadness came over me.  Love because in many ways I feel like God selected that child to be given to me, and sadness because I know she needs SO much more than just a monthly money donation. It is VERY humbling to know that my future child will never have to go through the pains that this child goes through. For the most part, children in the US are spoiled beyond belief compared to this child. I am included in this 100%. I never once “needed” as a child, or even now as an adult. If I see something I want, I eventually get it. This child doesn’t know what it means to go to a toy store and pick out her favorite toy.  I will blog more about her later, once I write to her. I hope that when I have kids that they will know that the life they have should never be taken for granted. I want my children to know the importance of charity work, of being the lesser, putting others first. 

Speaking of that, I get to go to HAITI!!!! I finally get to fulfill my dream of going on a mission trip to another country.  I know some people think it sounds crazy to potentially put yourself in danger, especially in another country, but I feel differently. I truly believe that God will be fully protecting us while we are there. My heart is SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. I want to jump up and run around just thinking about it…or maybe that is the coffee?  Anyway, prayers are appreciated for planning and safety as my church’s youth group goes towards this trip. After this, I hope to one day travel to Africa, Russia or India to serve. Truthfully, if I could afford to quit my job and move overseas for a few months to be God’s hands and feet, I would. I am leaving it ALL in his planning though, and trusting in HIM!

I have been looking at life a lot differently lately, and I can’t help but think it is a good thing. In many ways, I think I grew up too fast trying to fulfill the, “American Dream”- go to college, get a job, get married, have kids. Now that I have accomplished the first two with ease and grace, I think I figured the last two would line up easily. Not the case…but I really am starting to feel OK with that. I am ONLY 22, and I have SO much life ahead of me. I have decided to slow down, and live a little. I have realized that just because most of my friends went down the path of marriage already, doesn’t mean it is for me right now. For now, I am living life as I want to, with the guidance of God in tow. I have decided to live freer, care less about the small stuff, and smile more. I really feel like positivity looks pretty darn awesome on me, and I am sure it does on you too ;)

Random thoughts… 

I miss you SO much. I hate that our friendship always goes through these cycles. I am always here for you though…

I have developed a bad addiction to Maroon 5. I haven’t left their Pandora station in a few weeks and I like ALL of their songs. 

I am beyond happy that we are friends again, but I am pretty sure I am going to cry when I see you haha

Sugarcult is playing right now, forgot how awesome they are…and Dashboard…”you have stolen my heart”…good stuff. 

On the subject of awesome-YOU are awesome -Unexpected? Yes…but the best things in life usually are. I don’t know much, but I do know this smile I have has something to do with you. 

Taking each day at a time, there is no need to rush things because when all is said and done, what is meant to be will happen 

Hakuna Matata loves

No comments:

Post a Comment