Thursday, November 24, 2011

Change.

Ah...the big debate of can people really change? My friend and I were discussing this topic recently. My friend believes people do not change. They can pretend for awhile, have a "life changing" event to prompt them to change, but never actually fully make the change. They will go back to their old ways...not to be trusted.

Well I can't believe this...

"It is the possibility that keeps me going … and though you may call me a dreamer or a fool or any other thing, I believe that anything is possible."- Nicholas Sparks

And to me this is enough. I have decided to have a positive outlook on life. I decide to trust others, look for the good in them. Will I get hurt by this? Sure, I have in the past and I am sure I will again. The temporary pain and hurt is worth living a positive life and not a cynical one.

I do believe one must want to change for oneself. I don't think a person will change unless they truly have the want and need to in their hearts. I know this because this is where I am in my life right now. I want to be this great Christian, I long for it, I work so hard everyday to change into the person He would want me to be. Is it hard? It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Changing isn't meant to be easy. I know it is is possible though. I have faith in Him and the change He will make in my life.

Which brings me to who I believe is the one who can help a person change. Christ. It is all over the bible. Saul, later called Paul, was a persecutor of Christ followers and then he saw Christ. He was blinded by Christ, spent time with him and became the teacher of salvation to many Gentiles. How awesome is that?! I love how life-altering, loving and amazing God is. He took the one killing followers, and changed him into a man of God.

Now unfortunately, we don't live in biblical times. We live in a culture where sins are thrown in our face daily. I believe that it is hard for many people to understand that they are forgiven. Yes, you reading this. God loves you, you are his child, you are FORGIVEN!! Who you were in your past does not mean this is who you have to be in your future. You do not have to live the life that the culture says is "right". Live a life full of Christ and love!! :) My heart is so overwhelmed as I write these words!!

As I said, this is not going to be easy. It is a battle everyday for many Christians, but the battle is worth it. I still am prone to going back to the person I was before Him. I know others struggle with this as well because it is easier to give into temptation. Your so called "favorite sins" will be harder to quit than other. Please remember that with Him by your side, anything is possible. All past demons and sins can be overcome. "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us." Romans 8:31

I know in my heart people can and will change. Faith, hope and love will win. I am sticking to my guns on this one people.

I am going to make an announcement soon that I haven't told anyone about. I know what I am about to embark on is my calling. My heart is full of Him when I think about my future and what He has planned for me. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving, spend time with your loved ones.


Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on
I go I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something
He is not finished with me yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment