Sunday, October 7, 2012

Who I am.

Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh
What do I stand for? What do I stand for?
Most nights, I don't know anymore...
 FUN
-Some Nights-
 
To be honest, I am pretty annoyed by that song now. BUT It does make me think, what do I stand for? These past 3 weeks have been tough for me. I think I have questioned a lot about my life. I have questioned God, I have questioned my faith, my existence. So here is my post about who I am. Just to remind myself, in case I ever forget again...
 
I am completely and totally in love with my Savior.
I am a daughter, not always the most loving one, but I am working on it.
I am a little sister, who sometimes is way too hard on my brother.
I am a granddaughter, who needs to remember that one day I will be old.
I am a big sister, to the most amazing little sister.
I am a friend, and I try to be the best one I can be everyday.
I am a sinner...daily...hourly.
I am forgiving, and I don't see this as a weakness.
I am a lover, who has an enormous heart.
I am passionate, about everything I do in life.
I am completely imperfect, and perfectly OK with it.
I am a co-worker, and hopefully easy to work with.
I am an animal lover, can't I just own my zoo already?
I am country at heart, the big city lights are pretty,but the stars shine brighter.
I judge, everyone does, but I try to love unconditionally like my Father does.
I am a leader, and would rather lead than follow.
I am strong, but HE is stronger.
I am beautiful, inside and out.
I am a Christian, and I want my words and actions to reflect this.
 
 
I want to remember that from the beginning until the end, HE has my life in His hands. Today, has been a day full of peace. He truly knew my heart was aching for His truth, about me. From the second I woke up and throughout my day, He has reminded me who I truly am. I have been going non stop these past few weeks, and lost sight of Him. The thing is, you have to stop and listen. 
 
So what do you stand for? If you don't know, or have managed to lose sight of who you are, I encourage you to just stop and be still. We have all been there before, no one is perfect. Even if you don't feel like you have a relationship with God, you do. He is always there, ready to listen. The tricky part comes when it is your turn to just shut up and be still in Him. We are such a fast paced world, and we need our answers right away. Let's just make sure it's not because we are being too loud, that we can't hear His truth.
So this week, I encourage you to take time to be alone, and figure out who you are. Talk to God like He is your best friend, and then most importantly listen.
 
Love y'all!! :)
 
 
The ways of this world are grabbing a hold
Won't let me go, won't let me fly by
It’s taking it's toll down on my soul
‘Cause I know what I need in my life
Don't let me lose my sight of You
Don't let me lose my sight

Shawn McDonald--Gravity

No comments:

Post a Comment